www.classicamiga.com

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Classicamiga board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

We have moved

The Classicamiga.com Forums have now moved to a new home. This old forum is now locked and is kept for historical purposes only. No existing members can post and no new members can join

The New Forum

The new classicamiga forum has replaced this old forum and can be found at http://forum.classicamiga.com . We hope to see you there.

The main site

Don't forget to also visit the main classicamiga.com site for lots of Amiga news and information about Demos and Games. Register on the main site to gain access to lots of extras including the ability to write reviews and comments for the site's Game and Demo sections.

Hope you enjoy looking around this old forum, and we hope to see you on the new classicamiga site and forum.

Ultimate A1200/030
RetroSteve
  Posted: Dec 3 2006, 02:49 PM

POTM AGAIN!

Group: VIP
Member No.: 43

I think I mentioned this on the chat room a while back.

I already have an A1200 witha Blizard 1230, so I thought I'd make a series of articles /videos or something explaining various things that can be done using software which works on the A1200 as well as small hardware upgrades etc.

Opinions?
JT
Posted: Dec 3 2006, 10:21 PM

Osu!

Group: ClassicAmiga Staff Moderator
Member No.: 20

I think that's a good idea for content. Go for articles first though, and maybe add a videro companion to the article later on.
harrison
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 12:40 PM

Amiga Guru

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Yeah, that's a good idea steve. Would be interesting to have an article explaining the benefits of having an 030 accelerator in the A1200 and what it makes possible over a standard A1200.

As for the videos. The site supports lots of different online streaming video services and you can use youtube to upload and host any videos you wish to include in the articles, and then easily link them to the articles on the site so they load and play. An example of this can be seen in the PSPUAE tutorial on the site.
RetroSteve
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 04:07 PM

POTM AGAIN!

*RetroSteve would like to note that he will take legal action against anyone who puts his videos on sites like YouTube or Google Video or similar without his permission.

One thing I thought I would start with is using a MAS player to play MP3s, becausethis looks quite simple and will even work on an A500.

Also, I was thinking about getting some sort of PowerPC amiga some time.

I thought that a PPC amiga might be a better thing to spend some money on than a faster Macintosh/PC.

This post has been edited by RetroSteve on Dec 4 2006, 04:08 PM
harrison
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 04:56 PM

Amiga Guru

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Were you thinking of a PPC powered A1200 or a proper PPC based Amiga One compatible system?

Although quite expensive a PPC powered A1200 with the A1200 24bit graphics card would be really cool.
RetroSteve
Posted: Dec 4 2006, 05:11 PM

POTM AGAIN!

Not sure yet.

AmigaOS 4 should still run great on an A1200/603, but I think it has 68k emulation and doesn't make use of the actual 68k chip.

If there was any software that wasn't PPC it could always be run on my Blizard 1230.

Obvioulsy a G3/G4 amiga would be faster and a bit more compativle with newer hardware, and if there is anything which requires the custom chips, the A1200 can still be used. I'm not sure if there is any modern PPC software which does require custom chips.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0824 seconds | Archive